Brief Introduction on Debug\item.dat
Debug\item.dat is classified as Trojan Horse virus created to attack computer to steal private information. It is used by cyber hackers for getting revenue through stealing important information of innocent PC users. It is very difficult for users to prevent such as trick virus. Because debug\item.dat is implanted in various sources on the Internet, such as porn pages, torrent files, freeware, spam email attachment, some of which are common staff that all the PC users may tough every day while surfing the Internet.
As soon as this Debug\item.dat invading your system, it implements dangerous activities right away. The major damages will be firstly occur on your Registry, which is the most important section of a Windows OS. debug\item.dat delete some registry keys and files and add harmful files into the Registry, causing severe malfunctions of programs and entire system. Basically, your PC start to run in slow speed and can always get dll missing error or no responding errors when open programs. System crash or death become constant due to high CPU usage caused by debug\item.dat. It even modify DNS settings and damage host file to make your Internet unusable. Worst still, debug\item.dat can help other kinds of threats to attack and destroy your system on it detects the system bugs. All in all, it is urgent situation if your PC has been infected by debug\item.dat, get started to eliminate the trojan at once.
Other Troubles from debug\item.dat:
It injects codes on your browsers to change browser default settings.
It downloads ad-sponsored apps which will aggressively distribute tons of deceptive ads
It overly consume a large number of CPU usage to degrades your PC performance strikingly
It corrupts crucial setions of your system to cause system crash and BSOD error
It may collect your confidential information and system data and expose them to cyber criminals
It may compromise your antivirus and firewall to help hacker enter your system
Tutorial to Remove Virus and Malware
Solution A – Use Professional Anti-malware Tools to Detect and Remove Virus & Malware (Easy and Safe method)
If you have noticed that your computer is infected with virus or malware similar to debug\item.dat , we recommend you using professional PC security tools to fully scan your system.
Here we recommend SpyHunter and WiperSoft for you. They are advanced malware scanner capable of protecting PCs from virus and malware.
– Click the Download button below to safely download SpyHunter Anti-Malware :
– Double-click SpyHunter-Installer to install SpyHunter Anti-Malware now:
– Click Yes to continue the download when User Account Control message appears:
– Select language:
– Wait for one or two minutes to let the installer to be prepared:
– Click CONTINUE:
– Once installed, launch Spyhunter 5 and click Start Scan Now to diagnose your system and detect infections such as Debug\item.dat:
– Once SpyHunter Anti-Malware completes its scan, click View Scan Results!:
– Now you can check all the infections hiding on your system. Click Next and Register the full version of SpyHunter 5, which will help you get rid of all detected threats safely and easily:
– Click the Download button below to get installer of WiperSoft Anti-Malware and then install it:
– Diagnose your computer by clicking SCAN NOW button:
– Click REMOVE THREATS button to get rid of the detected computer threats:
Important Note – Manual Removal process may harm your computer a lot if you make mistakes (For Instance, You delete a crucial System File!).
FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR COMPUTER, We recommend you to use SpyHunter’s Malware Scanner to scan your system.
Download SpyHunter’s Malware Scanner to Clean Your Computer Now
Step 1. End malicious or suspicious processes in Windows Task Manager.
– Press “Ctrl + Shift+ Esc” keys together to open processes tab in Windows Task Manager:
– Click on suspicious or unknown process and click End Process:
Step 2. Uninstall suspicious or unknown programs from Control Panel.
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box:
– Type control panel in Run box and click OK button:
– In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program under Programs:
– Right click on Debug\item.dat or related unknown programs, then click Uninstall:
Step 3. Remove malicious registry files.
To remove virus or malware such as debug\item.dat virus on your own, you may need to find and delete malicious registry files. If you intend to do it manually, please be careful for your each operation. Don’t damage your system.
To avoid the risk, it’s better to use SpyHunter’s malware detection tool, a professional scanner capable of detecting malicious items on computer:Download SpyHunter Scanner Now
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box:
– Type regedit to open Registry and click OK to open Registry Editor:
– In Registry Editor, press CTRL + F keys together and type the virus’s Name to search the entries related with it . Then right-click on the detected entries and delete it.
Step 4. Delete nasty extensions / add-on related with Debug\item.dat.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon by the extensions you’d like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button firefox menu and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click its Disable or Remove button. Remove button is preferred if available.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then remove all add-ons you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Tap or click Remove and then tap or click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
Microsoft Edge User:
(Edge currently does not provide extension, so we only need to reset homepage and search engine to remove hijacker )
Reset Edge Homepage:
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings;
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages. Then you can select a recommended website from drop-down list, or type in your favorite website with Custom option in the list.
Reset Edge Default Search Engine:
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings >> Click View advanced settings;
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, type in your favorite search engine;
- Choose the search engine you prefer and click Add as default;
Method 1 – Use MacBooster To Diagnose and Cure Your Mac
If your Mac is having terrible performance, there may be virus or malware or other bad items on it. We recommend you to have a in-depth system scan with MacBooster. It is a one-stop Mac maintenance tool to clean up 20 types of junk files and remove Mac malware and virus to protect your Mac.
1. Download and Install MacBooster by clicking the button below:
2. Once MacBooster is installed and run, please click the Uninstaller and use it to scan and uninstall suspicious or unknown apps similar to debug\item.dat:
3. After potential risky or malicious apps are removed, now use the Virus & Malware Scan function to clear up viruses and malware hiding on your web browser and system:
4. And run a scan with “Privacy Clean ” function, MacBooster will detect all harmful items on Safari and other web browsers , please click “Clean” to solve all the problems completely.
Method 2 – Manually Remove Debug\item.dat
1. Find and delete malicious files in “Library” : Finder >> Go >>Library
You may see the following files in Library:
~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Debug\item.dat NPAPIPlugin.plugin
2. Uninstall suspicious applications that may be connected with Debug\item.dat: Finder >>Applications >> Move to Trash
3. Delete suspicious extensions from Safari: ‘Safari’ >> ‘Preferences’>> extensions >> select suspicious extensions and click Uninstall
Important Notes – Debug\item.dat is a severely nasty threat to your Mac, if it enters your system, some worse threats may also be downloaded as well. Manual removal demands rich experience and good skills on handling Mac virus, if you cannot manually solve it on your own, it’s highly recommended to install MacBooster to assist you and clean and protect Mac.