What is Utilitool Virus?
Utilitool is a unsafe third party software which has been identified as high-level PC threat. It is belong to the family of web browser hijacker / redirect virus which earns web traffic and create profit via hijacking users web browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Firefox, IE and Chrome. It makes changes on your browser settings without giving any notification, thus most of users only noticed of existence of Utilitool when they got redirected after opening web browser. From research, Utilitool invades your PC when you install freeware without canceling unwanted options that make changes to your system.
Once the changes have been made, Utilitool repeatedly reroute you to its page and related harmful sites when you are doing searching on Google or trying to visit certain websites. In most cases, Utilitool acts as a hub for its partners’ sites. You will find that you will first redirected to a page with Utilitool address, then within a few secs you will be routed to random websites that want to sell you some products.
When you stays on the pages that Utilitool puts you on, you will suffer from risks of malware attacking, information leak and financial loss. Cyber criminal behind Utilitool can installs more malware when you click links on the pages, and they can display misleading popup messages and ads to cheat you to buy something expensive. What’s worse, hackers related with Utilitool can even enter your system to steal your personal information. There is no doubt that Utilitool is endangering your PC and privacy severely, if you still cannot figure out a effective method to remove it, read the removal steps below to get rid it at once.
Utilitool is a Big Threat to Your System
- It makes changes on your system settings without consent
- It is used to collect your confidential information for cyber criminal.
- It makes your programs out of functions and cause random system crash.
- It can install malware to infect your browser and redirect you to scam websites.
- It weakens computer security seriously and helps more threats enter your PC
- In case you have virus on Mac OS, please check this guide – Remove Threat from MAC OS
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon by the extensions you’d like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button firefox menu and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click its Disable or Remove button. Remove button is preferred if available.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then remove all add-ons you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Tap or click Remove and then tap or click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings;
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages. Then you can select a recommended website from drop-down list, or type in your favorite website with Custom option in the list.
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings >> Click View advanced settings;
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, type in your favorite search engine;
- Choose the search engine you prefer and click Add as default;
How to Get Rid of Utilitool from Computer?
NOTE – You may need to exit this page due to some operations in the removal process. Please Bookmark This Page First
Note – To completely remove Utilitool or similar threats from computer, please execute all the following steps.
Step 1. End malicious or suspicious processes in Windows Task Manager.
– Press “Ctrl + Shift+ Esc” keys together to open processes tab in Windows Task Manager:
– If you can confirm the process related with Utilitool or malicious programs, right-click on the process and click “End Process“.
If you cannot determine if the suspicious process is related with Utilitool or threat. We recommend downloading WiperSoft Anti-malware to see if it will find potential threats or malicious programs on your PC.
Step 2. Uninstall suspicious or unknown programs from Control Panel.
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box:
– Type control panel in Run box and click OK button:
– In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program under Programs:
– Right click on Utilitool or related unknown programs, then click Uninstall:
If you cannot uninstall a stubborn program, you may need to find out all files related with it. To do so, we recommend downloading WiperSoft Anti-malware to see if it will detect files of the program for you.
Step 3. Delete nasty extensions / add-on related with Utilitool.
Microsoft Edge User:
(Edge currently does not provide extension, so we only need to reset homepage and search engine to remove hijacker )
Reset Edge Homepage:
Reset Edge Default Search Engine:
If you cannot delete a stubborn browser extension, you may need to find out Adware or PUP related with it. we recommend downloading WiperSoft Anti-malware to see if it will detect Adware or related files for you.
Step 4. Remove malicious registry files.
Computer threat may hide deeply in infected PC with different names and adds files to different locations to avoid being found or removed. That’s why user having trouble to find or remove the malicious extension, program or process related with Utilitool. In such situation, you will need to find and delete files related with the threat in Registry. Check the guide below to do it:
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box >> – Type regedit to open Registry and click OK to open Registry Editor:
– In Registry Editor, press CTRL + F keys together and type the virus’s Name to search the entries related with it .
– If you can find out registry files related with threat, you can try to remove them at your own risks. (If you intend to do so, please be carefully. Don’t damage your system.)
If you have trouble on identifying or locating registry files related with the infection, we recommend downloading WiperSoft Anti-malware to see if it will detect malicious registry files of Utilitool for you.