Prime Updater claims to be useful app which will help you promote experience while surf the web. If you are easy to be cheated by its name, you will later be desperately disappointed since it is the main source for ads on your PC. On the opposite, it is the punisher for your PC and your neglect.
Once Prime Updater happens to be on your PC, it is capable to infect all kinds of used browsers, like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari. It will steal your registration information and privacy identity, and rob your money from your credit cards, online banks or shopping deposit. And also, your computer will bring in tens of thousands of freeware and adware which will waste your resource which can be put into better use. Consequently, you lose your money and computer as well.
Prime Updater is brought by package of the third party application of unknown identity or malicious sites with suspicious links. It gains profits by the ads. When you click on the ads, you are redirected to the other sites and it gets commissions. However, you not only pay for the wrong actions, but also you will get virus into your PC. And sometimes, it will make up some fake sites to cheat you to pay for the valueless service.
To save your PC and your money, we don’t recommend you to keep Prime Updater on your computer. If you seek to get it removed completely, please follow the directions here.
Other Troubles from Prime Updater:
It injects codes on your browsers to change browser default settings.
It downloads ad-sponsored apps which will aggressively distribute tons of deceptive ads
It overly consume a large number of CPU usage to degrades your PC performance strikingly
It corrupts crucial setions of your system to cause system crash and BSOD error
It may collect your confidential information and system data and expose them to cyber criminals
It may compromise your antivirus and firewall to help hacker enter your system
Tutorial to Remove Prime Updater from Your Computer
Solution A – Remove Prime Updater Manually （Time-consuming and complicated method for PC experts）
Solution A – Remove Prime Updater Manually （Only for PC experts）
Important Note – Manual Removal process may harm your computer a lot if you make mistakes (For Instance, You delete a crucial System File!).
Therefore, if you do not have have PC specialist techniques, Do Not Try the Manual Removal Method. The safest removal method for you is the auto removal with anti-malware tools.
Download Professional Removal Tool to Clean Your Computer Now
Step 1. End Prime Updater related running processes in Windows Task Manager.
– Press “Ctrl + Shift+ Esc” keys together to open processes tab in Windows Task Manager:
– Click on suspicious or unknown process related with Prime Updater and click End Process:
Step 2. Uninstall Prime Updater and unknown programs from Control Panel.
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box:
– Type control panel in Run box and click OK button:
– In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program under Programs:
– Right click on Prime Updater and related unknown program, then click Uninstall:
Step 3. Remove malicious registry files related with Prime Updater.
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box:
– Type regedit to open Registry and remove the following registry files generated by Prime Updater:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe
Step 4. Delete nasty extensions / add-on related with Prime Updater.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon by the extensions you’d like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button firefox menu and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click its Disable or Remove button. Remove button is preferred if available.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then remove all add-ons you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Tap or click Remove and then tap or click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
Microsoft Edge User:
(Edge currently does not provide extension, so we only need to reset homepage and search engine to remove hijacker installed by Prime Updater)
Reset Edge Homepage:
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings;
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages. Then you can select a recommended website from drop-down list, or type in your favorite website with Custom option in the list.
Reset Edge Default Search Engine:
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings >> Click View advanced settings;
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, type in your favorite search engine;
- Choose the search engine you prefer and click Add as default;
Solution B- Remove Prime Updater Automatically with Professional Anti-malware (Easiest and Safest method for all PC users)
Step 1. Scan your computer with Top-class Anti-Malware Tools to locate and remove Prime Updater and related threats.
The ongoing recommended anti-malware tools rank Top Three in the industry, choose any one of them to secure your computer now:
– Click the button below to safely download SpyHunter Anti-Malware :
– Double-click SpyHunter-Installer to install SpyHunter Anti-Malware now:
– Once installed, click Start New Scan to diagnose your system and detect infections such as Prime Updater:
– Once SpyHunter Anti-Malware completes its scan, click Fix Threats to get rid of Prime Updater and other infections:
– Click the Download button below to get installer of Plumbytes Anti-Malware and install it:
– Run a Scan with Plumbytes to detect Prime Updater and its connected infections:
– Remove all virus and malware by clicking REMOVE NOW:
Step 2. Fix your Registry and speed up your PC with powerful Windows OS Optimization Tools.
– Click the button below to download and install PC Health Advisor:
– Run a scan to find out all junks, security bugs, damaged registry files, and then click FIX ALL to solve all issues and get the best performance:
– Click the button below to visit Reghunter download page >> Click “Download Scanner” on that page to get its installer:
– Run the installer to complete the installation:
– Start a scan to detect Registry errors caused by Prime Updater:
– Fix all registry errors and remove all junks by clicking Repair All Errors:
Method 1 – Automatically Remove Prime Updater with the best Mac security software – MacKeeper Lite (Easy Method for All Mac Users)
Method 2 – Manually Remove Prime Updater with Expert Mac Skills (Complicated and Risky Method for Mac Expert)
Method 1 – Automatically Remove Prime Updater (Hot!)
Our Mac Security Lab has tested and reviewed lots of security tools for Mac, and the tools listed below rank the top 3 among all similar products. Let them guard your Mac system now:
MacKeeper is a professional anti-virus and anti-malware software developed for Mac OS and it ranks the top among all Mac OS security apps. It is able to safeguard your Mac and protect your Internet environment to block attacking from Trojan, Malware, Adware, Spyware , Ransomware and other forms of viruses. Meanwhile, it can keep your Mac clean of junk files to maintain it at top performance and protect your private data and sensitive information. MacKeeper is an useful and powerful security tool that all Mac users should install to equip their Mac OS, follow steps below to get it now and let it help you remove Prime Updater and other infections easily:
1. Download and Install MacKeeper Lite by clicking the button below:
2. Once MacKeeper is installed and run, please click the Smart Uninstaller and use it to scan and uninstall Prime Updater and all malicious apps:
3. After potential risky or malicious apps are removed, now use the Internet Security function to clear up viruses and malware hiding on your web browser and system:
4. And run a scan with “Find & Fix ” function, MacKeeper will detect all junk files and system errors related with Prime Updater and other infections, please click “Fix Items Safely” to solve all the problems completely.
Besides, if it does not solve all the detected items, you can click “Continue Live Chat” get instant tech support from professional Mac experts, who will answer all your tech questions and help you fix your system problems.
Moreover, there are so many powerful and helpful functions and tools in MacKeeper, including Geek on Demand, Internet Security, Anti-Theft,Fast Cleanup, Duplicates Finder, Update Tracker, Backup, Disk Usage, Data Encryptor, Default Apps, Shredder, Files Finder, Human Assistance, Smart Uninstaller. You can use them one by one to solve all your problems in your Mac and get the best system performance.
– Click the button here to download freshmac:
– Click Start Scan Now to detect security problems on your Mac:
– Click Fix Safely to solve all security problems and optimize your Mac:
1. Download and Install MacBooster by clicking the button below:
2. Once MacBooster is installed and run, please click the Uninstaller and use it to scan and uninstall all malicious apps connected with Prime Updater:
3. After potential risky or malicious apps are removed, now use the Virus & Malware Scan function to clear up viruses and malware hiding on your web browser and system:
4. And run a scan with “Privacy Clean ” function, MacBooster will detect all harmful items on Safari and other web browsers injected by Prime Updater, please click “Clean” to solve all the problems completely.
Method 2 – Manually Remove Prime Updater
1. Find and delete malicious files related to Prime Updater in “Library” : Finder >> Go >>Library
You may see the following files in Library:
/Library/Application Support/Prime Updater/
~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Prime Updater NPAPIPlugin.plugin
2. Uninstall suspicious applications that may be connected with Prime Updater: Finder >>Applications >> Move to Trash
3. Delete suspicious extensions associated with Prime Updater from Safari: ‘Safari’ >> ‘Preferences’>> extensions >> select suspicious extensions and click Uninstall
Important Notes – Prime Updater is a severely nasty threat to your Mac, if it enters your system, some worse threats may also be downloaded as well. Manual removal demands rich experience and good skills on handling Mac virus, if you cannot manually solve it on your own, it’s highly recommended to install MacKeeper to assist you and clean and protect Mac.