What is PUP.Optional.GoldClick?
PUP.Optional.GoldClick is a high-risk Trojan that infiltrates the security-vulnerable computer silently and allows remote attacker to access the compromised computer. Once PUP.Optional.GoldClick lurks into your PC, it drops your system a large amount of adware and spyware to make bigger chaos. This harmful Trojan tries to open the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection on your computer using default user name and password list. It utilizes this open channel in order to access network shared resources and spread a copy of PUP.Optional.GoldClick files. Besides, this nasty vermin may facilitate the hacker to intrude your PC, thus the hacker hijacks the web browser and monitors your online activities to collect your confidential information such as banking login details, which may be used by the hacker for commercial purpose. PUP.Optional.GoldClick is no doubt a severe threat to your PC, it’s highly recommended to remove it as early as you can.
Why Should You Remove PUP.Optional.GoldClick Immediately?
- It communicates with remote malware server which may install more malware to your system;
- It will route you to insecure sites that cause more damages;
- It can weaken system security to facilitate more virus attacking;
- It can be used to collected your system data;
- It helps cyber criminal steal your sensitive information;
- It causes poor system performance;
- It makes you lose lots of money.
Tutorial – Remove PUP.Optional.GoldClick From Windows OS
NOTE – You may need to exit this page due to some operations in the removal process. Please Bookmark This Page First
Note – To completely remove PUP.Optional.GoldClick or similar threats from computer, please execute all the following steps.
Step 1. End malicious or suspicious processes in Windows Task Manager.
– Press “Ctrl + Shift+ Esc” keys together to open processes tab in Windows Task Manager:
– If you can confirm the process related with PUP.Optional.GoldClick or malicious programs, right-click on the process and click “End Process“.
|If you cannot determine if which suspicious process is related with PUP.Optional.GoldClick or threat. Please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall suspicious or unknown programs from Control Panel.
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box:
– Type control panel in Run box and click OK button:
– In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program under Programs:
– Right click on PUP.Optional.GoldClick or related unknown programs, then click Uninstall:
|If you cannot find or uninstall a stubborn program that may be related with PUP.Optional.GoldClick, Please read next step.
Step 3. Delete nasty extensions / add-on related with PUP.Optional.GoldClick.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon by the extensions you’d like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button firefox menu and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click its Disable or Remove button. Remove button is preferred if available.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then remove all add-ons you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Tap or click Remove and then tap or click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
Microsoft Edge User:
(Edge currently does not provide extension, so we only need to reset homepage and search engine to remove hijacker )
Reset Edge Homepage:
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings;
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages. Then you can select a recommended website from drop-down list, or type in your favorite website with Custom option in the list.
Reset Edge Default Search Engine:
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings >> Click View advanced settings;
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, type in your favorite search engine;
- Choose the search engine you prefer and click Add as default;
|If you cannot find or delete the browser extension that may be related with PUP.Optional.GoldClick, Please read next step.
Step 4. Remove malicious registry files.
Computer threat may hide deeply in infected PC with different names and adds files to different locations to avoid being found or removed. That’s why user having trouble to find or remove the malicious extension, program or process related with PUP.Optional.GoldClick. In such situation, you will need to find and delete files related with the threat in Registry. Check the guide below to do it:
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box >> – Type regedit to open Registry and click OK to open Registry Editor:
– In Registry Editor, press CTRL + F keys together and type the virus’s Name to search the entries related with it .
– If you can find out registry files related with threat, you can try to remove them at your own risks. (If you intend to do so, please be carefully. Don’t damage your system.)
If you have trouble on identifying or locating registry files related with PUP.Optional.GoldClick or similar threat, we recommend try a safe solution below.
Safe and Quick Solution to Find Potential Threat and Related Dangerous Files
In case the above steps haven’t solved your problems, we recommend scanning your whole computer with SpyHunter Anti-malware, one of the most professional malware scanner for PC.
SpyHunter’s advanced proprietary anti-malware engine is designed to protect your system against the latest malware threats. It has the ability to detect and remove the most aggressive threats, including rootkits, which use exploits and undocumented tricks to secretly install ransomware, rogueware, trojans, keyloggers and other security threats. Download SpyHunter to see if it will find out files of PUP.Optional.GoldClick and related threats for you:
(The below link will open a new page from where you can download SpyHunter. Please come back to this page after you download it)
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware To Scan Your PC
[Note] – In case you failed to open the download link of SpyHunter, it might be blocked by your existent anti-malware tool. In that case, please TURN OFF your running anti-malware tool first and come back to this page to click Download Link above.
– Once downloaded, please Double-click SpyHunter-Installer to install SpyHunter Anti-Malware :
– Click Yes to continue the download when User Account Control message appears:
– Then Follow its installation prompts to complete the install. Once installed, launch Spyhunter 5 and click Start Scan Now to diagnose your system:
– Once SpyHunter Anti-Malware completes its scan, you can view all the potential threats or dangerous items on your PC. To use SpyHunter clean up all detected threats, you’ll need to purchase its full version.