What is Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0)?
Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) is an unreliable computer app that can be clarified as potentially unwanted app (PUA). It is the latest type of adware. It is published by unknown client. Therefore, you are unable to trace where it comes from.
Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) is able to infect web browsers, such as Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and so on. When it enters your computer, it begins to run itself. You may be less capable of stopping it.
Once Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) adware comes into your computer, it becomes to function like a browser hijacker. And then, your homepage and settings are changed. Some of the alert functions are disabled and it finds way to bring in more suspicious adware and to redirect you to other websites. Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) adware may collect your information by reading cookies on your web browser. That is to say, with this adware on your computer, you will not only suffer from PC system breakdown, but also privacy leak.
Needless to say, you will never want to keep Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) adware on your PC. But removing it is not a easy job. It is programmed with rookie to prevent being removed. Also, normal way to uninstall it will leave behind too much leftovers, with which the adware can ignite its life flare soon. In this case, we will provide you a useful Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) removal guide for your reference.
Harmful Properties of Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0)
- It makes itself as startup services and runs dangerous tasks without your knowledge
- It brings your system threats such as malware, spyware, adware and backdoor Trojan
- It silently permits hacker’s remote access to your computer without any permission
- It makes your Registry a mess and trigger various system errors
- It slows down everything through highly use your CPU and RAM
- It helps unknown third party get your system data and private information
Remove Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) from MAC OS
Step 1. Uninstall suspicious applications that may be associated with Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0):
- Open Finder
- Click Applications
- Right-click unwanted or suspicious app and click Move to Trash
- Right-click on the trash icon and click Empty Trash
Step 2. Delete suspicious extensions from Safari, Chrome, and Firefox:
Launch ‘Safari’ >> Click ‘Preferences’>> Click extensions >> Select suspicious extensions and click Uninstall
Open Chrome “Settings” menu >> Click More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious extensions related with adware and click the Trash Icon
Open Firefox “Settings” menu >> Click Add-ons >> Select Extensions >> Determine the suspicious extensions related with adware and click the Remove.
Note – If the manual steps above cannot solve your issues:
If Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) cannot be removed manually from Mac, it is very possible that Adware, Hijacker or threats similar to Prodigy Search App (ProdigySearch 1.0) may also hide in your Mac OS, we recommend you start an in-depth system scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a top-class Mac secure and optimization tool equipped with outstanding features including Antivirus, Disk Cleaner, Duplicate File Finder, Privacy Scanner, Big Files Finder and App Uninstaller. It is worth to giving it a try when your Mac encounters security problem or experiences slow performance.
1. Now Download Combo Cleaner and See What It Will Detect For You:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus To Scan Your Mac
[Note] – In case you failed to open the download link of Combo Cleaner, it might be blocked by your existent anti-malware tool. In that case, please TURN OFF your running anti-malware tool first and come back to this page to click Download Link above.
2. Once Combo Cleaner Antivirus is installed and run, you can use the Uninstaller feature to uninstall stubborn unwanted apps if you purchase its Premium Version.
3. After that, you can use the Antivirus function to scan your Mac and see whether there is any potential threats.
4. And remember to re-check entire Mac by running a full scan. Then you can see the overall system status of your Mac.