Gedantar Ransomware Removal Instructions
Recently, some users complain that they turned on their computers and many of their documents are locked and cannot access to. They have no idea what happened until they receive a requirement from Gedantar Ransomware, which asked it to make payment for the encryption key. If not, you will lose all these documents soon. typically, it is a scam from ransomware. It is reasonable to suspect that Gedantar Ransomware is kind of data encryption virus.
Users may argue that if the money is small in amount, they don’t care to pay this if only they could save this situation. Under such circumstance, we don’t think it is a good choice as the key from Gedantar Ransomware is not surely useful. It may just valid for moment and later when you find that it loses the functions, you have nowhere to trace this Ransomware.
Some users may think that they can just solve this problem by deleting Gedantar Ransomware. Although Gedantar Ransomware installs itself coverly and it is possible for users to find it out, deleting it cannot decrypt these documents. And if you want to solve it in this way, your documents should be gone with it. obviously, it doesn’t make any sense.
The other users may insist that the decryption key can definitely decrypt all these documents infected by Gedantar Ransomware. But in this way, users should prudently choose this software or they will go for wool and come home shorn. If it does this in a wrong way, users may lose more. Thus, we provide you some guidance and please check it.
How to Get Rid of Gedantar Ransomware Completely?
Solution A – Remove Gedantar Ransomware Manually （Complicated and Time-consuming method for PC experts）
Solution B- Remove Gedantar Ransomware Automatically (Safest and Easiest method for all PC users)
Solution A – Remove Gedantar Ransomware Manually （Only for PC experts）
Important Note – Manual Removal process may harm your computer a lot if you make mistakes (For Instance, You delete a crucial System File!).
Therefore, if you do not have have PC specialist techniques, Do Not Try the Manual Removal Method. The safest removal method for you is the auto removal with anti-malware tools.
Step 1. End Gedantar Ransomware related running processes in Windows Task Manager.
– Press “Ctrl + Shift+ Esc” keys together to open processes tab in Windows Task Manager:
– Click on suspicious or unknown process related with Gedantar Ransomware and click End Process:
Step 2. Uninstall Gedantar Ransomware and unknown programs from Control Panel.
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box:
– Type control panel in Run box and click OK button:
– In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program under Programs:
– Right click on Gedantar Ransomware and related unknown program, then click Uninstall:
Step 3. Remove malicious registry files related with Gedantar Ransomware.
– Press “Win + R ” keys together to open Run box:
– Type regedit to open Registry and remove the following registry files generated by Gedantar Ransomware:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe
Step 4. Delete nasty extensions / add-on related with Gedantar Ransomware.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon by the extensions you’d like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button firefox menu and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click its Disable or Remove button. Remove button is preferred if available.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then remove all add-ons you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Tap or click Remove and then tap or click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
Microsoft Edge User:
(Edge currently does not provide extension, so we only need to reset homepage and search engine to remove hijacker installed by Gedantar Ransomware)
Reset Edge Homepage:
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings;
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages. Then you can select a recommended website from drop-down list, or type in your favorite website with Custom option in the list.
Reset Edge Default Search Engine:
- Click More (…) on the address bar, then click Settings >> Click View advanced settings;
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, type in your favorite search engine;
- Choose the search engine you prefer and click Add as default;
(HOT!) Solution B- Remove Gedantar Ransomware Automatically with Professional Anti-malware (Easiest and Safest method for all PC users)
Step 1. Scan your computer with Top-class Anti-Malware Tools to locate and remove Gedantar Ransomware and related threats.
The ongoing recommended anti-malware tools rank Top Three in the industry, choose any one of them to secure your computer now:
– Click the button below to safely download SpyHunter Anti-Malware :
– Double-click SpyHunter-Installer to install SpyHunter Anti-Malware now:
– Once installed, click Start New Scan to diagnose your system and detect infections such as Gedantar Ransomware:
– Once SpyHunter Anti-Malware completes its scan, click Fix Threats to get rid of Gedantar Ransomware and other infections:
– Click the Download button below to get installer of Plumbytes Anti-Malware and install it:
– Run a Scan with Plumbytes to detect Gedantar Ransomware and its connected infections:
– Remove all virus and malware by clicking REMOVE NOW:
Step 2. Run Stella Data Recovery Tool to Restore Damaged Files:
1. Click the button below to open download Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery , and Double-click installation file “Stellar_WinDataRecovery_Home “ to install it:
2. Once installed, click Scan Now button to detect the infected files :
3. Once it complete the scan, please select the file types you want to recover and then click Recover button:
Step 3. Download Data Recovery Pro to restore important files infected by Gedantar Ransomware.
There are many different codes are written in Gedantar Ransomware virus, so it is difficult to restore the infected files if you just use one data recovery app, thus you need to try several data recovery apps so that you will have chance to get some of your important files back. Besides, the Stella Data Recovery, our lab also recommend you to use Data Recovery Pro, which is another great tool for rescuing files attacked by virus. Click the download button below to get it now:
Once it is installed, run a scan to search your files and then RECOVER them: